PDA

View Full Version : 2006 V-6, Air Induction Question

fruitloop
06-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Steeda cold air Induction for V6, 2005+ boasts will produce 14-20 more hp but have to do recalibration. I don't want to invest in a $300.00 meter when don't know how to use. Can't I just install air induction system, disconnect/reconnect battery and let the built in computer do self adjusting? Perhaps buy the K&N air induction system which advertises no calibration required. Looking for advice for this 63 year old person with no racing/mod experience. Looking to gain a little more HP from reading. Thank you for anyone's expertise on the subject!

sacstoy02gt
06-19-2006, 08:38 AM
What Wayne said. Good luck!

fruitloop
06-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks both and will see if go with Steeda if can find someone near home to calibrate!

JBCMOTORSPORTS.NET
08-24-2006, 10:38 PM
If i remember right the kit that does not need a tune is only good for 6-8hp, for that just put in a K&N filter and you will almost gain that much for around $50. Poor Marv he must have COOP painted on that welding helmet he uses for tuning King Blings car LOL!

JudgeThis05
08-29-2006, 01:32 AM
from what I've read in just the last weekend, none of the 05+ v6 CAIs really do much..

for me, I'm settling w/ a gutted airbox for now.

if I were you, I'd get the CAI and just live with it. after you add more mods then tune it, if you don't have the money it's a waste.

stock my GTO coulda benifited from a tune, instead I waited till I had intake/headers/!cats/flowmaster exhaust/wires/plugs/t-stat till I even bothered.

I'm gonna do the same w/ this pony.

find a stock GT catback, swap out the mufflers for whatever I want, get mac long tubes, and think about getting a CAI and UD pulley, then get it tuned.

fruitloop
09-29-2006, 07:30 AM
I appreciate everyone's support and just bought S&B's Kit which will give me a little added boost without a re-flash tool at a price I can afford right now. Looks like an easy install but having local performance shop install tomorrow for $50.00.

fruitloop
09-29-2006, 11:39 AM
But Coop, he is trying to get away from spending the $379 for the xcal.

Tomorrow, 9-29, local shop will install my S&B kit for $50.00. I will see what 8hp or so will do for my 2006 on the small change I have. Took this long for wife to give me go ahead. :)