PDA

View Full Version : what gives the most hp

3.8stanger
10-17-2006, 08:13 PM
well i finally got some cash soo i think its about time i add some more performance parts to the stang. I dont wanna go dual exhuast i think i can get a better set later on but for now i was thinking either a CAI, BBK 70mm throttlebody, maybe underdrive pulleys. i think i like the idea of the throttlebody the most but i dont know which would be best in the long run any information would be nice the car is pretty stock besides the rims and muffler but the muffler doesnt do much still running single exhaust with a dyno max muffler.

One more thing ive seen quite a few 3.8 eaton superchargers out of super birds their older but ive found ones in good condition....... My fear is that i will not be able to fit it to the engine because the super charger is older (early 90's) my car is an 01. I think the chargers look amazing and thier in my price range. i have no idea how much hp it would give me probably not much but idk. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS GUYS

Kirk
10-17-2006, 08:31 PM
A larger TB on a bolt-on engine will do no good.
UDP, dual exhaust (GT take off to start) and CAI are good basic mods in that order.

The SC blower will not fit, it's designed around the older single port design.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions.

jefflouis
10-17-2006, 11:01 PM
i agree with kirk. other than the jerry mod (basically a shift kit), i'd have to say that the UDP was my favorite mod to date.

00SoSlow
10-17-2006, 11:41 PM
id say set urself up with full exhaust... if u want to hear it before u get it. let me know i have

long tube headers
mac o/r H pipe
magnaflow duals for a GT

sound good at low but alright higher up

if u don't want exhaust now go for gears, t-lok and tune... or what kirk said

the m-90 is only for the 94-98's, lets meet up sometime

ruhlahan
10-18-2006, 12:24 AM
I think gears would do wonders for a first mod....

jefflouis
10-18-2006, 10:20 AM
gears didn't really do it for me when i installed mine. i think i was expecting way too much from it to be honest with you. 4.10's probably would have been a better idea than just 3.73's if i was to do it again.

ruhlahan
10-18-2006, 01:35 PM
what came stock in your car?

3.8stanger
10-19-2006, 09:35 PM
umm idk exactly its a pretty basic car i mean besides trac control and o/d everythiing else seems like the same idk if theres a performance package for the v6. basically single exhaust the car was very stock when i got it.

Kirk
10-20-2006, 04:47 AM
what came stock in your car?

3.27 in the 99+. An auto really needs 4.10's

3.8stanger
10-20-2006, 11:14 PM
thanks guys im still learning alot about my car. Anything you guys give me for info is very helpful. I think i'll start though with dual exhaust i dont really think its the best idea right now a GT take off wouldnt cost me that much from a slavage yard i think anyway thanks again.

00SoSlow
10-24-2006, 12:35 AM
gt take offs will be the cheapest way to go for exhaust... buying a brand name will cost a little more, if u want to hear duals on a 6 hit me up, we could chill sometime

but if u do the dual route... get an H pipe, the y-pipe duals will give u absolutely no gains whats so ever

jefflouis
10-25-2006, 01:41 PM
i have true duals without an h-pipe (straight back on each side with no crossover). i like the way it sounds, but i think it could be made better with some aftermarket mufflers and/or possibly the crossover.

3.8stanger
10-25-2006, 08:39 PM
true duals huh well i'm no pipe bender how did u get or build them. also would i get more hp from a set up like that

jefflouis
10-27-2006, 04:39 PM
well its just GT take-offs with some pipes custom bend to adapt the take-offs. i had a place near me do it for me, but they went out of business.

Mustang238
01-19-2007, 02:03 AM
Try and get an SCT tuner, i feel so bad ass chirping in second!

tomzac
01-23-2007, 01:13 PM
i have true duals without an h-pipe (straight back on each side with no crossover). i like the way it sounds, but i think it could be made better with some aftermarket mufflers and/or possibly the crossover.
Basicly the H or X crossover mellows out the poping that you can get with straight duals. Unfortunately they do nothing for power gains.

Kirk
01-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Basicly the H or X crossover mellows out the poping that you can get with straight duals. Unfortunately they do nothing for power gains.

On a fairly stock setup. That's why we did the X pipe on my exhaust for future room to grow.

3.8stanger
01-23-2007, 09:17 PM

soo your saying with or with out a cross over it doesnt give anymore power??? but wouldnt it give more power than just a y pipe ???

Kirk
01-23-2007, 09:51 PM
On a mildly modded 6 there is no difference between no crossover x or H.

An H will soften the exhaust a little. But any of the above are better than the stock Y-pipe.

jefflouis
01-24-2007, 03:00 PM

i don't get any popping with my exhaust, but yeah, i'm probably not going to do a crossover of any sort unless i can figure out how to weld which would make it next to being free for me.