PDA

View Full Version : Windstar Heads/intake

Fokus83
04-08-2007, 03:33 PM
I have the chance to pick up a cheap set of heads from an '00 Ford Windstar and/or the intakes and injector/fuel rails. My understanding is that year windstar had IMRC.

I'm looking for opinions on my options. Should I:

- Buy just the split port heads (I assume they're the same as a split port Mustang). Then buy Mustang upper and lower intakes?

- Buy the whole set up and swap out the lower (that has the IMRC if I'm not mistaken) with one from a Mustang?

I also believe that I'd need a new hood to compensate for the windstar intake which steers me in the direction of just buying the heads from the windstar and the rest separately from a Mustang.

Also, anyone know of a shop that might do a split swap for me? I can do bolt on's, brakes, some suspension, etc... but never tore open a motor before.

Fokus83
04-08-2007, 07:30 PM
got my answer... hopefully picking up just the heads tommorow. The exhaust manifolds won't bolt up and the intake would take more custom fab than it would be worth to most anyone.

I will hopefully get this swap done this summer... if anyone knows of a shop that would be up for a split port swap... please let me know.

Nick 1
04-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Any questions you may have ask Kirk. He is the resident V-6 guru around here.

:thumbs_up