View Full Version : So if I want to switch to an auto.

Tim Russell
10-01-2004, 07:05 AM
If I wanted to go to an auto what would it take. From what I know I'd need:

- 4R70W
- Driveshaft or just a different yoke?
- Torque Converter
- Flex plate
- Bell housing
- Computer from a '99 to '01 car (didn't '02 go to the intake runner controls)
- Tuner/Chip (speed-cal isn't gonna fix the speedo)
- Console selector
- Sweat and blood :D and probably :beer:

Love the car but I've begun to hate the trans, it doesn't shift as nice as it used to (probably my abuse). We know from the dyno I got a good engine. :thumbs_up

10-03-2004, 03:55 PM
'01 was the first year for the IMRC's, so i think you'd need the computer from a 99 or 00 car.

Tim Russell
10-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Sounds like too much trouble and it's not like I'm driving in traffic every day. I got the Accord for that. 240 HP 5-speed auto it's quick but unassuming so it's a bit of a Q-ship.