PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 comparisons

06stang
12-22-2005, 06:20 AM
hey all, i was wondering, the engine in the mustang is the 4.0. the ford ranger also rolls with the same 4.0. these motors are the same im guessing but what about the 4.0 in an explorer? i ask because my wife has a 4.0 explorer and except for the position of the intake manifold and the throttle body i am guessing that this is also the same motor. really i ask though because comp cams makes cams for the ranger and teh explorer. if thats the case then maybe the cams that are sold for the explorer and ranger would swap rite into my car. in theory, it is sound. the car runs great mind you but a few cams never hurt anybody. in fact i know i'll prob take a hit on gas and possibly loose a little on the low end but the mid and top end will be crazy nice. anyway, thanx for the help guys and gals.

p.s if there is a diff between these blocks and the diff is extreme, anyone heard of aftermarket cams for the mustang 4.0? thanx again.

hemdog
12-22-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure, but I would think the cams for the Ranger and Explorer are more low end power oriented, for pulling and such.

06stang
12-22-2005, 12:47 PM
if thats the case then i'm sure with a little "please and thank you" i mite convince crane to make me customs. i want a slite lope in my motor but i also want good power throughout. i have no idea ho id go about describing that to them. maybe they already know what im talking about when i say it. has anyone had any issues with crane?