Go Back  Midwest Mustang Association > Technical Discussion Forums > General Tech
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Analyzers Search New posts Mark Forums Read
Gallery MMA VideoShare Members Rides Reviews MMA IM Chat VideoShareII

Old 08-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #11
YAV8
MMA Premier Member

I found the price of the sealed crate motor. Roush something has one for $7099.00 Not sure if this is a complete ready to run or if it is the motor only.
YAV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #12
Greg@GLD

Light 'em up Dave!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousEdge View Post
While that was a good show, it is actually outdated already in the Coyote Stock world...that car was switched to a manual by Joliet I think. The auto cars were minimum 2 tenths slower at best...I think there were 4 to begin with and there may be two left, but now they are even farther off the mark.

That class is going to be crazy next year, lots and lots of new cars entering it every race.
I saw on FB that Damon is building one.

There's a thread on Yellow Bullet where several GM/Chevy guys are even saying they would love to have 2013 GT with an auto trans and that they are a great platform for a 10-second daily driver.

Click the image to open in full size.

TEAM DBR: RACING FOR DAVE BANDT

Donate today to The American Cancer Society!
Greg@GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #13
Dynotune
Premier Level MMA Advertiser/Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@GLD View Post
I saw on FB that Damon is building one.

There's a thread on Yellow Bullet where several GM/Chevy guys are even saying they would love to have 2013 GT with an auto trans and that they are a great platform for a 10-second daily driver.

LOL Greg you have no idea. These things make crazy power with just a blower. Here is Jason Lisko's Dads car we just finished up. It's a little hard to read but 629 @ 7500 rpms.

Vortech Superchargers for as little as $3,656.00 INSTALLED!!! Paxton Superchargers will start at $3759.00 INSTALLED!!!
Authorized Dealer and installer of the following products: Vortech,Paxton, Kenne Bell, Dynamic Transmission, Diablo, SCT,UPR Products, Abaco, PMS systems and all Andersons Ford Products
Dynotune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
DRK
Formerly known as Punchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricekiller View Post
LOL the LS6 makes very similar numbers (405hp/405lbs), the only difference is that the LS6 has been around for 10+ years now and is 5k cheaper then a coyote motor. Seems like ford is only playing catch up.

What about a ford vs chevy thread???
A lS6 is 40+ cubic inches bigger plus your comparing 100k boneyard junk price to a new crate engine price = fail and try again
DRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #15
DRK
Formerly known as Punchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynotune View Post
LOL Greg you have no idea. These things make crazy power with just a blower. It's a little hard to read but 629 @ 7500 rpms.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #16
DRK
Formerly known as Punchy

I think a super stock Idea would be great and so did Ford. Thats why the Cobra Jet is just raping everything Gm can throw at it and Mopar wont even try.

Last edited by DRK; 08-28-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
JOHN 86GT
MMA Premier Member

Sounds like a few rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1KZEUhn0Y

Novi 2000- sold
Install & tune by Dynotune MP
JOHN 86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
YAV8
MMA Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRK View Post
A lS6 is 40+ cubic inches bigger plus your comparing 100k boneyard junk price to a new crate engine price = fail and try again
Your right who would want a all aluminum LS6 with a few more cubic inches and a boneyard junk price. All right All right Put your hands down. Its nice see that their is something interesting to talk about other then new tires or body moldings or the new car wax for the show and shine racers here on this site. How come we never see any of these so called fast cars at the drags on weekends. We have 40-60 cars in street and only slow George is the only one that shows up. The last time I saw one of these so call new super fast cars at the track the guy drove it into the wall, front and back. More Money than Brains is his new bumper sticker, we were all impressed with his stupidity. If your only impressed with inflated numbers on the dyno then keep standing at the book shelf reading the latest mags for free. (Don't be so cheap BUY ONE) Show up on a Saturday or sunday and show us how good you really are.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #19
DRK
Formerly known as Punchy

You two are really comparing 100k motors to new in the crate for a price point?

WIR is a hillbilly hole in the wall. No one in there right mind would drive hours to pit in the grass where some drunk asshole was pissing and spitting last weekend so they can make passes down a track that could double for a log road.

I dont buy or read car magazines in fear I might quote some of those "over inflated dyno numbers" in one of my forsale ads for junk Ive never run or tested
Old 08-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #20
YAV8
MMA Premier Member

I have been at WIR since is was built in 64 and it has never had grass in the pits. It has black top roads with gravel for the cars to park. I will be at the Grove at the end of Oct. for the last of their two day bracket races like always. There I park on the grass, stop over and lend some of your expertise. Their is a NHRA walley up for grabs at that race, one of the few that I don't have yet.