Go Back  Midwest Mustang Association > Technical Discussion Forums > Windsor Tech
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Analyzers Search New posts Mark Forums Read
Gallery MMA VideoShare Members Rides Reviews MMA IM Chat VideoShareII

Old 02-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
Dynotune
Premier Level MMA Advertiser/Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX5.0 View Post
^^^Lol the Card board that was minced by the timing chain is what was ment. And still have no clue what it was from. Had pieces that were half dollar size as well as the tiny minced pieces that were stuck to every nook and cranny in the block. Didn't see the small stuff the first time in. So we tore the whole thing down and cleaned everything Mag'd everything ect...
Are you sure the oil filter didn't just come apart? Fram filters are notorious for it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Vortech Superchargers for as little as $3,656.00 INSTALLED!!! Paxton Superchargers will start at $3759.00 INSTALLED!!!
Authorized Dealer and installer of the following products: Vortech,Paxton, Kenne Bell, Dynamic Transmission, Diablo, SCT,UPR Products, Abaco, PMS systems and all Andersons Ford Products
Dynotune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
FOX5.0
MMA Premier Member

^^The cardboard material was on the out side of the pickup. It has no way of making it to the crankcase area as it would have to go through my pushrods basically. Also no filters were exploded I cut mine apart and inspect regularly on all the builds I've done. We also compared the material found vs. filter material and it was different. I use wix filters/napa gold1515 same filter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Windsor_Lube-1.jpg (19.9 KB, 39 views)
Old 02-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #13
DRK
Formerly known as Punchy

I'd bet that cardboard made its way into the motor after it left woodys shop. It would be pretty hard to miss that much during a build.
DRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #14
FOX5.0
MMA Premier Member

Oh common DrK if it happened to you I doubt you'd be saying that! Yeah someone sabotaged me on purpose and opened a brand new motor that was ran at his shop... The down time, bearings, rings, hone, crank polish, all gaskets, assembly and ect. on a new build. He did nice work on the crank, there was a scuff in cylinder 4, one of the rod bolts where he clearanced the block out was very close the rest where good. Looked like he had a 5year old with a dremel tool smoothing out the lifter valley. Seems that maybe he was in a rush or a new employee made a boo boo it does happen... Now had the motor been used I would've went in a checked it out, being new and ready to go and his reputation is why I did not think I needed to look but Lesson learned... Things could've gotten way worse if I didn't notice the blockage it would've took out everything!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #15
DRK
Formerly known as Punchy

LOL... Glad to hear LAM got you squared away
DRK is offline   Reply With Quote