Go Back  Midwest Mustang Association > Technical Discussion Forums > General Tech
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Analyzers Search New posts Mark Forums Read
Gallery MMA VideoShare Members Rides Reviews MMA IM Chat VideoShareII

Old 08-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
YAV8
MMA Premier Member

Default H.p. T.v.

Got to watch the last 5 min. of the show. Looks like they put a all out race factory sealed Coyoty motor in a early fox platform and run it on the dyno. Correct me of I saw the numbers wrong. Did it only make 360 something HP at the real wheels. I wish I could have seen the entire show and seen the problems they had if any.
YAV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
JOHN 86GT
MMA Premier Member

It is a factory sealed stock engine that you would get if you ordered a new mustang .

It put out 369 hp through a loose converter. (enough to go 10.50's @ 125mph in a race car)

http://www.powerblocktv.com/episodes...-powered-racer

Novi 2000- sold
Install & tune by Dynotune MP
JOHN 86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
YAV8
MMA Premier Member

What is the weight of the race car if it only take 369RWHP to go 10.50 at 125mph? My observation and experance with that kind of HP and a 28-3000lb S/S vehical with slick or DRs is a high 11 low 12sec pass. (ON VERY GOOD AIR)

Last edited by YAV8; 08-25-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
xxtremeteam
MMA Premier Member

I think the rules state 3150 with driver
Old 08-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
YAV8
MMA Premier Member

Just over on the GL site and was punching numbers in their show and tell formula. Kind of shows you what to expect for a combination of rwhp and vehical weight.

Last edited by YAV8; 08-25-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Dynotune
Premier Level MMA Advertiser/Sponsor

You have to remember it's thru and auto. If it was a stick I'm sure power would have been closer to 400. Plus that motor has RPM on it's side. We just dynoed a stock 2013 BOSS and it put down 369 also but it held the power all the way to 7500.

The first run was hot right off the street. The 2nd run was with a 15min cool down and the RED track key that comes with the Boss package. I'll post some numbers after the blower install.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Vortech Superchargers for as little as $3,656.00 INSTALLED!!! Paxton Superchargers will start at $3759.00 INSTALLED!!!
Authorized Dealer and installer of the following products: Vortech,Paxton, Kenne Bell, Dynamic Transmission, Diablo, SCT,UPR Products, Abaco, PMS systems and all Andersons Ford Products
Dynotune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
NitrousEdge
Leviticus 25:10

While that was a good show, it is actually outdated already in the Coyote Stock world...that car was switched to a manual by Joliet I think. The auto cars were minimum 2 tenths slower at best...I think there were 4 to begin with and there may be two left, but now they are even farther off the mark.

That class is going to be crazy next year, lots and lots of new cars entering it every race.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
DRK
Formerly known as Punchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAV8 View Post
My observation and experance with that kind of HP and a 28-3000lb S/S vehical with slick or DRs is a high 11 low 12sec pass. (ON VERY GOOD AIR)
Sounds about right for someone of your level of experience/vehicle build level....

but

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN 86GT View Post

It put out 369 hp through a loose converter. (enough to go 10.50's @ 125mph in a race car)

Ralph you make this to easy. If you want to do the chevy vs ford thing, why be all 'tongue in cheek' about it. Come right out with it. Here I'll start..

The coyote is a 400+hp 400Lbs package that can live at 7500rpm under constant g load unlike any factory wet sump chevy small or big block ever produced and not run the GD bearings out of it. It also makes almost a 100hp more then a "comparable" 5.3L LS
DRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #9
YAV8
MMA Premier Member

If you go back and read the original question I asked if the factory stock class sealed coyote motor only made 369 rwhp on the dyno. Later dynotune brought up that it is indeed the correct rwhp from these motors. Not sure what the price of one of these motors (Some one must have the numbers handy) would be, but I am sure that if it is a very short limited run of special built motors for only one vehicle and a special class there not cheap. The circle track boys have been running factory sealed crates for many years. Both Gm and Ford have them and I think Mopar also has some. I have a great idea for a new class. Take the big three and have a sealed crate motor class. Door cars or trucks only with a 3150lb. weight of the vehicle and driver and heads up racing. You could buy a ford sealed coyote, GM could put something together with one of the old Gen 1 or LS based motors and Mopar could do something with their hemis. This would be something like what the factory race cars are doing now only on a very tight budget. It would be kind of like the old days of factory super stock racing. Win on sunday buy on Monday.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
ricekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRK View Post
The coyote is a 400+hp 400Lbs package that can live at 7500rpm under constant g load unlike any factory wet sump chevy small or big block ever produced and not run the GD bearings out of it. It also makes almost a 100hp more then a "comparable" 5.3L LS
LOL the LS6 makes very similar numbers (405hp/405lbs), the only difference is that the LS6 has been around for 10+ years now and is 5k cheaper then a coyote motor. Seems like ford is only playing catch up.

What about a ford vs chevy thread???
ricekiller is offline   Reply With Quote